The Rapture 1Cor. 15:51-57 CLICK TITLE FOR AUDIO
In this lesson we are going to look at two passages in the Bible that deal with the Rapture. Although the word rapture is not found in the bible it is the word commonly used today to refer to the event described in the Bible. Then we will show you how they are separate from the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ. That makes the rapture of the church take place at a different time. These two events are separated by the 7 year tribulation. Therefore we will not go through the tribulation. We will also show you reason for the church not going through the tribulation as a part of this lesson.
The Rapture :
1 Corinthians 15:51-57
1) We shall all be changed
2) Moment, Twinkling of a Eye
3) Last Trump
4) Dead raised incorruptible
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
1) Dead in Christ come with him a resurrection
2) Dead come up first
3) Jesus descends with; Shout, Voice of Archangel, trump of God
4) Those alive are caught up to meet the risen dead and Jesus in the air
When these two passages are compared to Revelation 19:11-16 it is plain to see that they do not match.
1) White Horse Rider (Jesus Christ) will Judge and make war when he returns.
2) He is clothed with a vesture dipped in Blood.
3) Armies which are in heaven followed him.
4) Sword out of his mouth smites the nations that are gathered together to do battle with him.
Reasons for the Church not going through the Tribulation :
1) The Church is not mentioned from Revelation chapter 6 through chapter 19
- In the first 3 chapters we see John seeing Jesus and writing 7 letters to 7 churches. In chapter 4. John is caught up into heaven. This is a type of the rapture with John representing the church, he was called the disciple whom Jesus loved and Jesus loved the church and gave himself for it just as a husband is to love and give himself for his bride (Ephesians 5:23-25). Note also the wording “come up hither” and “the voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me” in Revelation 4:1.
- Then in chapter 5 we see John in Heaven and the seven sealed book. Starting in chapter 6 the seals are opened and the subject matter is tribulation. From chapters 6-18 the church is not mentioned one time. But in chapter 19 we see the marriage of the lamb which is dealing with the church and happens right before the 2nd Advent of Jesus Christ.
- The reason for the church not being mentioned is because the church is taken out at the rapture and is in heaven while the tribulation is taking place on the earth.
- If the church was going to have to go through the tribulation then they would be mentioned somewhere in those chapters.
2) The tribulation is referred to as God’s wrath poured out on this earth.
- The tribulation period is referred to as God’s wrath being poured out upon this earth (Revelation 6:17 ; 14:19 ; 15:1). If you are wondering just what exactly that means then read about the things that happen on the earth in Revelations 6-18.
- A saved person in the church age is saved from wrath and also not appointed unto wrath according to Romans 5:9 and 1 Thessalonians 5:9.
- Therefore the church would not go through a period of time referred to as the wrath of God poured out on the earth.
3) If the church has to go through the tribulation then what happens to the Judgment Seat of Christ.
- The word of God teaches that there is a judgment called the Judgment Seat of Christ (Romans14:10 ; 2 Corinthians 5:10).
- This is where the saved person from the church age is judged not based on whether he is saved or lost but he is judged for his works done after he got saved. This is where a saved person is given his rewards for living for the Lord Jesus Christ after Salvation (1 Corinthians 3:9-16).
- In Revelations 19:7 at the marriage of the Lamb the bride which is the church is said to have made herself ready. This being made ready is done by going through the Judgment Seat of Christ.
- If the church goes through the tribulation then there would be no time for the Judgment Seat of Jesus Christ and for the bride to make herself ready. Therefore the church is raptured out before the tribulation begins and the Judgement Seat of Christ takes place in heaven while the tribulation is taking place on the earth.
4) Daniel’s 70th week is determined upon the Israel not the church
- In Daniel 9:24-27 we see the prophesy of Daniel’s 70 weeks. In this prophesy on week represents 7 years. There is one week that has not been fulfilled and that is Daniel’s 70th
- Daniel’s 70th week is going to be the 7 year tribulation and notice that in verse 24 it is said to be determined upon Israel.
- During the tribulation the Lord will once again deal with the nation of Israel preparing them for the 2nd Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.
5) Enoch is a type of the saved person who is alive at the rapture
- In Genesis 5:21-24 we see that God took Enoch to heaven this is confirmed in Hebrews 11:5-6.
- The only other person taken to heaven without dying in the word of God is Elijah. Elijah will come back to this earth with Moses as one of the two witnesses during the tribulation and die (Revelation 11:1-12).
- Therefore Enoch is the only person in the word of God that was alive and never dies (Hebrews 11:5). That makes him a picture of someone who is alive at the rapture of the church and will never die.
- It is also very important to note what event he gets taken out before. He is taken out before the flood of Noah. The days of Noah are a type of the tribulation in Luke 17:26.
- So Enoch a type a saved person who is alive at the rapture is taken out before the flood. Saved people from the church age will be taken out before the tribulation. This is plainly seen even in the typology of the Old Testament.
What does all this mean for us today?
If the church does not go through the tribulation and it does not then the rapture of the church is at least 7 years before the tribulation. All the signs in the bible that we see being fulfilled today are for the 2 Advent therefore that shows us that the Rapture could be any moment now. Are you ready?