Parents are Responsible for their Children’s Education
Neither the government, the church, the youth pastor, the sunday school teacher, or the pastor are responsible for your child’s education. Parents suffer the consequences of a foolish child and reap the benefits of a wise one. The responsibility is the parents and parents will bear the burden if things go wrong and enjoy the fruit if things go right.
- Proverbs 10:1
- Proverbs 15:20
- Proverbs 19:26
- Proverbs 29:15
Wisdom vs Information
- Godly Training – God’s premium is on wisdom Proverbs 3:15, 8:11. Proverbs 4:7 wisdom is the principal thing.
- Godly Training – God’s premium is on hard work Lamentations 3:27
- Worldly Education – The world is consumed with information, ever learning but without any benefit according to 2 Timothy 3:7. Information on any given subject is so cheap and easy to come by these days there is no reason to go into debt to acquire it.
- Worldly Education – You are not allowed to study one particular subject. If a person wants to become a chemist he will have to enroll in Creative Writing and Political Science and waste thousands of dollars on classes that have nothing to do with his course of study. It is an information glut, a money racket, and forced exposure to the things the world wants you exposed to.
Godly vs Godless
- Godly Training – 1 Timothy 4:8 … but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. Godliness has universal application in life, but godlessness has no application other than destruction according to Jude.
- Just as God the Father has an image He pursuing with you, the world has an image it is pursuing with your children.
- Worldly Education – The world has removed the foundations of Jesus Christ, Creation, the words of God, and good and evil. Paul calls it this present evil world.
- Godly Training –
- Starts with Jesus Christ – 1 Corinthians 3:11
- Proverbs 1:7 beginning of knowledge – “Education without salvation is damnation” Bob Jones Sr.
- Proverbs 9:10 beginning of wisdom
- Genesis 1:1 – creation, Romans 1:20, Psalm 19
Growth vs Exposure
- Godly Training – Ephesians 6:4 bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. This is growth.
- Worldly Education – Christian parents have bought into the idea that their kids are exposed to the world so might as well get it over with. Be careful with that thought, exposure in some cases weakens the conscience and breaks down boundaries. 1 Corinthians 6:18, 1 Timothy 6:11, 2 Timothy 2:22. Exposure does not always build strength.
- Secondly, opposition doesn’t work to your advantage to build strength unless you are already moving. Bringing in opposition to build strength in someone who is not moving in a direction just becomes a bad influence. In the weight room, my muscles don’t benefit from resistance unless I’m pushing in the opposite direction.
“Socialization” vs Social Engineering
- All parent’s practice socialization on their own terms whether it is by neglect or by direction.
- Socialization is not accomplished in a classroom. Classroom is not a place to learn how to function in society around a broad range of ages and people. Classrooms are organized according to mental capacity, not socialization. The classroom setting doesn’t afford the opportunity to meet a wide range of people and engage in “socialization”.
- A government school’s guide for socialization is not a godly guide. Health classes, social studies, sex education, are all things kids get exposed to before they can weigh the options. That is social engineering: setting children on a course of thought before they can understand the course of thought.
- Godly Training – socialization on God’s terms is everything from iron sharpeneth iron, to seeking out counsel from older and wiser people, to practicing charity, preaching the gospel to the world, and being a good testimony for Jesus Christ. None of those things are on the radar of a government engineered society.